Mama Lou's Italian Kitchen: Homey and Delicious!

8:57 PM

There's so many good restaurants and places that I wanted to visit in South but if you lived in North you know how hassle sometimes to travel from North to South of Metro Manila. Good thing is I discovered that, one of the restaurant on my list to visit is finally an inch away from me and the best is I got invited to try their best dishes! Hayyy, perfect time yay! I'm so excited to taste and share to you of what everyone keeps raving about.
Mama Lou's Italian Kitchen is located at 2nd level Ayala Malls The 30th, Pasig City. If I'm not mistaken this is Mama Lou's newest branch.

Mama Lou's greets you a homey and inviting feeling as soon as you enter the restaurant and it's like you've walked to someone's traditional Italian kitchen whose dining is filled with visitors. Rustic interiors, accommodating employees plus most of customers are families that adds a good view and vibes to the whole place.

Here are some of the dishes that I've tried and I'll tell you my favorites at the place. Let's go! :)

CRUSTY BREAD WITH PESTO & POMODORO DIPPING SAUCE (FREE)
As you seated a crusty bread with pesto and pomodoro dipping sauce will served to your table while waiting for your order just like most Italian restaurants do. 

MAMA LOU'S ICED TEA (P75)
I love Mama Lou's trademark Iced Tea so much! This is not your normal iced tea, there's something on it that makes it very refreshing and unique like a mint maybe though I think there are people who not gonna like it but I'm sure with kids it's a no no. For me it's the best, I like it! :) 

BIANCA LARGE (P395)
Bianca Large is my favorite pizza at Mama Lou's! This hand-made thin and crispy pizza consist of cream, mozzarella, bacon and mushroom. They serve Arugula and Alfalfa sprouts too where you can add to your pizza to spruce it up a bit.  

CARPACCIO DI MANZO (P375)
Carpaccio di Manzo an appetizer consist of thinly sliced raw beef filet, marinated with olive oil and balsamic vinegar topped with capers, olives and shaved parmesan cheese. Yes raw beef :) but don't worry lemon juice is the marinade superstar, it serves purpose when it comes to cooking beef so the finished product is tender and less tough to chew.

BACON POUTINE (P230)
Bacon Poutine french fries with gravy sauce, bacon and mozzarella cheese on topped. This is winner, I thought mozzarella cheese is only for tomato sauce but my bad it's not. From what I've heard Mr. Richard, the owner is from Quebec, Canada where Poutine originated, for sure he added this dish on their menu to share with us his favorite snack :) Hmmm... this is more perfect with beer I think (*wink). Wait did I mentioned Quebec? I remember Goblin!!! Hahaha sorry I'm kilig eh :D 

TRUFFLE MAC & CHEESE (P325)
No one will say NO on this dish, kids or kids at heart will definitely love Mama Lou's Truffle Mac & Cheese, elbow macaroni with Mama Lou's original blend of truffle cream and cheeses topped with mozzarella and cheddar cheese. So many cheese on it, this is heaven to me!!! Smell pa lang head turner na.

SPAGHETTI CON TUYO FILLETO (P295)
OMG. Spaghetti Con Tuyo Filleto salted fish fillets with freshly chopped red tomatoes in garlic and olive oil. This pasta is my favorite too! Superbly delicious! It looks simple but full of flavors that will make keep you on scooping. Not so oily and stench because of the sardines. 

RISOTTO TARTUFO FUNGHI (P325) 
Risotto Tartufo Funghi wild mushroom and truffle cream. Flavorful risotto but it's kinda dry to look but as you taste it, honestly creamery.

VERSUVIO (P495)
Too cute to destroy and this is favorite too! Versuvio mountain of rigatoni, stuffed with mozzarella, ricottas, pease, italian meatballs and egg. Inspired by Mt. Vesuvius, a well known volcano in Italy, as it looks rigatoni pasta lined up to create walls of volcano. Very creamy and good mixture of salty and sour.

CHICKEN MARSALA (P390)
Chicken Marsala chicken breast fillet layered with ham and mozzarella cheese in creamy marsala wine and caper sauce. Very creative but this is kinda salty for me maybe because of caper sauce and I think this would be great with rice than mashed potato. 

PRAWNS THERMIDOR (P695)
Prawns Thermidor simmered prawns in spring orion a d brandy topped with a delicious creamy sauce. This is one of my favorite too! Divinely tasty. It reminds me of Ginataang Kalabasa at Sitaw na may Hipon (Squash & Long Beans in Coconut Milk). Don't worry, you don't have to use your hands when you it since they cut it into pieces. 

ROSEMARY LAMB RACK (P695)
Rosemary Lamb Rack grilled "Grade A" New Zealand lamb rack seasoned with rosemary serve with side of mint jelly and mashed potatoes plus steamed veggies. Meat lovers will surely love Mama Lou's flavorful, tender and juicy lamb rack like ME! :) It's much better if they'll make the size a bit bigger. You might find the mint jelly weird don't worry me too but once you've tried it kinda taste weird but not that overpowering.

ITALIAN TIRAMISU (P160)
Italian Tiramisu is a very light cake or sponge cake made with layers of biscuits, whipped cream cheese, espresso and baileys. It may look like similar to other Tiramisu but Mama Lou's has good moisture, does have slight coffee flavor and bailey's wasn't that overpowering.

TAKE THE CANNOLI (P200)
I made sure I have enough space for Take the Cannoli dessert after Tiramisu, a homemade cocoa-marsala shell filled with Italian mascarpone cheese, chopped pistachios and chocolate cheese is a win win dessert! Whoever created this thank you, the mascarpone cheese and pistachios is genius! Really love :)

Now I know the reasons why people keep on coming back again and again, not only Mama Lou's good food but good environment and service which make us feel at home where the staff and owners are friendly and accomodating.

All the food that I've tried are delicious but we always have our favorites right? :) And it's very obvious what's my favorite there hahaha the Mama Lou's trademark iced tea, bianca large, mac & cheese, spaghetti con tuyo filleto, versuvio, prawns thermidor, rosemary lamb rack and take the cannoli almost everything noh? Hahaha. Well that's my recommended dish that I really like on their menu but please feel free to try other and based on your likes.  

Thank you for reading and I hope it helped!
Love love, Lea :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram