PINK PANDA MANILA: SOUTHEAST ASIAN DINER

1:39 AM

Pink Panda Manila is one of the babies of celebrity food blogger Erwan Heussaff together with Hatch 22 group spotted in one of the side streets of Makati Avenue, which offers Southeast Asian dishes with a modern twist.  They don't aim for the authenticity of the food, so if you're planning to visit, go there with an open taste buds, as they giving you their own version of different types of Southeast Asian street favorites for unique dining experience. As for the interior, soon as you enter to restaurant, a pinned bicycle and plants on the wall, modern, hip and urban vibe will greet you. And soon you will find yourself asking "Why is the restaurant called Pink Panda?" 

We asked the chef why is it called Pink Panda because we thought it had something to do with gender or maybe the owner likes pink hehehe but nope it's not. They just wanted to give the restaurant a modern and catchy name that I guess they got it while Panda, since Pandas symbolize and can be found in Asia.

These are the drinks that other bloggers ordered.
(Watermelon P120, Lime Juice P120 and Lemon Juice P110)

Mine is Lemongrass and Lemon (P120) I asked for their best seller juice and the waiter suggest this drink. This drink is very refreshing, I like the combination, i love lemon btw and it has a health benefits, best to be with while pigging out! :) 


VC Spring Rolls (P285) rice paper/pork/shrimp/vermicelli/thai basil

For the appetizer Vietnamese favorite, the spring rolls. Usually Vietnamese spring rolls are in fresh rolls but the one that served to us was fried spring rolls. If you don't like the oily version of spring rolls you may ask for the fresh rolls to replace the fried ones. It includes vinegar and peanut sauce (Sorry, I forgot to include them in the picture hahaha) but I like the peanut sauce to my spring rolls! Ever since :)


Lumpiang Shang-hang (P145) finger chili/minced pork/mint yogurt

This is one of my favorite! It reminds me of Dynamite Lumpia. And you know what makes the Lumpiang Shang-hang more delicious? It's because of mint yogurt dip and plentiful of minced pork! Hmmm :) Is it spicy? Yeah, pretty spicy but delish!

Crispy Baby Squid (P180) plum glaze/chili/fried anchovies/spiced peanuts

Sweet and spicy taste is kinda addicting! I thought I was eating Adobong Dilis or a Myulchi (a korean version of stir-fried anchovies) my mom will totally love this! :)

Mango and Catfish Salad (P220) green mangoes/papaya/pomelo/shallots

Because of the crispy-ness of catfish we all thought it's just a simple chicharon (pork crackling) on the top of our salad. Tangy, spicy and sweet tastes helps you to appreciate this dish and become your instant favorite salad!   


Chili Prawn Fried Dumplings (P210) aligue/kimchi/honey sauce

Honestly, I love this! I really do. One of my favorite now. It looks like Kwek kwek but what's inside is aligue instead of egg. It's a great combination plus the honey sauce, perfect! I recommend this! :)

General P's Chicken (P290) battered chicken/peanuts/orange soy

Crunchy fried chicken with sweet orange sauce, toasted garlic and dried big chillies. I know what you're thinking. Seeing the big chillies will have you a second thought of tasting it but nope NOT THAT SPICY! It's good actually. Sweet, spicy and other flavors.

Pad Thai (P285) peanut sauce/bean sprout/tofu/hofan


You can never go wrong with Pink Panda's Seafood Pad Thai. Tangy, a bit of sweet, savory, full of seafood and crunchy sprouts with a little lime juice, that makes this dish a contender. It's very flavorful and saucy. I used a lot of tissue while eating lol. 

Crispy Beef Rendang (P220) fried tender short ribs/spiced coconut sauce/pickled vegetables


In all honesty, this dish doesn't look appetizing in my eyes but still I gave it a try and hello! This is surprisingly good! Spicy and caramelized big chunks of beef is wow. And what I like more? Big chunks of beef are easy to chew!  


Chicken and Dumpling Noodle (P240) roasted chicken/spinach dumpling/garlic chips/egg noodles/lemongrass ginger broth

The broth is simple yet full of flavors and you don't need to put some condiments in this dish. It's perfect already. This is a  good substitute for Laksa. The size of the bowl is good for two person! 

Pork and Shrimp Laksa (P245) crispy tofu/chili oil/boiled egg/sesame buchi

Another fave!!! I love Laksa btw and who doesn't anyway? I swear. It's so delicious. The combination of pork and shrimp in Laksa is a win win! Plus 2 medium size of flattened buchi for your commercial break :) Amount of spiciness? Kinda spicy for me but it helps me to keep eat and eat. This is good for sharing too but if you love Laksa, maybe not :)

Sisig Siopao (P190) pork mask/liver/egg/atsuete aioli

I think a new version of siopao was born. Asado siopao? Bola-bola siopao? Nope! It's not your traditional siopao, this pretty big pao is consist of crispy pork mask, liver and egg inside and big chunks of fried tofu. Instead of serving usual siopao sauce they come up with their own sauce, caramelized soy onion and atchuete aioli. 

Pink Panda Pork Buns with Hoisin Sauce (P190) chinese sausage/wood ear mushroom/salted egg

Agh! the buns buns are so cute! I don't wanna murder them. When it comes to taste, nothing special, it's a normal siopao that we usually buy in other restaurants though there is something different in their meat mixture plus the mushroom inside. Nevertheless,  it's a must try. Do not leave the restaurant without try it!

Panda Balls (P120)  

OMG this dessert. I love it! In my recent post I did mention how much I like Agico's buchi right? Well, eating buchi is getting better and better :) Pink Panda's buchi is an innovation. Coated with black-and-white sesame seed to flaunt the image of panda with PEANUT BUTTER JELLY and DARK CHOCOLATE filling! I like both! Highly recommend. It's a must try.


Thank you Pink Panda Manila for the invite and letting me try your "best" dishes. 

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/thepinkpandadiner
Instagram: @pinkpandamanila
Address: G/F Y2 Residence Hotel, 4687 Santiago Street corner B. Valdez ans Singian Streets Makati. (near A. Venue)
Sunday to Thursday- 11AM to 10PM, Friday to Saturday- 11AM to 12MN

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram