Going Vegan! @ AGICO VEGETARIAN CAFE

4:02 AM

Okay, I'll admit it. I never been in a vegetarian cafe before but! but it doesn't mean I don't like greens and healthy stuffs. I do love vegetables! I'm not even a picky veggie eater. It's normal in my everyday life. Actually, salad is in my list every time I order food in restaurants (if available) and there's always veggies in our home, it's just you know there are people, like me, who can't say no to meat. Eating meat and veggies gives me a different feeling, that I can't even imagine living "without vegetables" and "without meat", well I guess that's the reason why I can't be consistent in my diet hahaha! I feel balance tho, meat and veggies ☺

Anyway, enough with that, so last Wednesday I got a chance to try a vegetarian restaurant for dinner in Araullo Street, San Juan City called Agico Vegetarian Cafe and it's perfect! because I just finished attending mass for Ash Wednesday and I have to abstain eating meat for dinner. I was also a bit excited for what this restaurant can offer to me. I didn't even had a little research because I want to be surprised since it's my first time to dine-in to a vegetarian resto.
This branch is located within the residential part of San Juan City. Don't worry there are signages that will lead you to the restaurant. The place is also Waze-able, as soon as you get to Araullo street you'll easily see the bright place of Agico Vegetarian Cafe.


I thought I was not in a vegetarian restaurant as soon as the plate served in front of me. Like really? They have Tapa Rice/ Tapsilog (P 255 )? It really looks like meat but nope! it's not! it's a veggie tapa, more like a special kind of mushroom with fried rice, organic egg, achara and cucumber.  It looks deceiving, I know, not just the looks but the taste also, almost can't tell the difference to real meat. Highly recommended! 


I can literally eat tofu without garnish or sauce on it, that's how I like tofu in my life, fried plain tofu is enough with me but tasting Agico's Tofu Steak (P 230) version makes me realize that I can have a simple tofu with a surprising flavor. Six big fried and breaded tofu in steak sauce for a savory flavor, adding up mushroom and bell pepper to make the dish look more appetizing and tasteful!


This is Butayaki Maki (P 258) at first you'll think why is there a pork on the top, but yeah once I tasted I was wrong, it taste like a meatloaf! but the owner told me that it doesn't include meat, they have their own recipe to substitute the meat. 


Let's go for Japanese dish! This is the vegetarian version of Okonomiyaki (P 280). It has a Japanese seaweed called Wakame, cabbage and their very own mayonnaise. So fulfilling! Good for sharing.


For my finale and a great meal ender. Agico's Buchi made with lotus seed. I don't know but I find this more delicious that any buchi's that I've tasted or maybe because it's kinda ages na since I eat buchi hahaha. Nevertheless, I had 4 out of 6 buchi that night even I feel full already, I feel obsess!

If you want to experience a gluten free and meatless breakfast, dinner, snack or dinner without knowing it, just go to Agico Vegetarian Cafe, they will give you a healthy satisfying food without breaking your pocket! Since most of their foods are good for sharing and worth a try. 


The one that I visited is located at 83 Araullo Street, Brgy. Addition Hills, San Juan City.

For inquiries you may call - 705-1997/ 754-9159 

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/agicocafePH/
Instagram: @agicocafeph


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram